We are recruiting for a Group Financial Controller for a Private Equity backed commercial facilities business based in central London. Reporting into the Managing Director you will lead the Group's Financial Accounting, Reporting and Control activities and ensure they are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best practice. You will also work closely with the MD and senior management team to add value throughout the Business by using commercial experience to help analyse financial and non-financial data, as a true Business Partner.
You will be responsible for:
• Supporting the board in developing and delivering the Business’ Financial and Business Strategy.
• Advising Budget Holders and Managers to deliver/over-achieve their Budgets by providing financial and monitoring information, working with them to analyse their Management Information. Provide high quality support and advice to Budget Holders, Managers and staff. Prepare, develop and analyse Management Information and other Financial and Reporting information, in an efficient manner.
• Encourage and support innovation throughout the Business.
•Developing systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the Company’s finances.
•Use a Financial Control framework, including financial accountabilities and authorities, to ensure full Financial Control. Update, review and document the Business’ Financial Policies and Procedures. Ensuring Accounting Policies and Procedures comply with the relevant Accounting Standards and taxation rules and that Company Policies are followed.
•Recommend changes that will improve the Company's financial performance and Financial Controls.
• Manage the Finance department, hiring, appraising and disciplining as necessary.
• Manage cash in an efficient and effective manner, including liaising with external financiers, and management of all the bank accounts.
•Act as the main point of contact to external accountants / auditors and provide all required information.
To apply for this role, you will need to be:
• Fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA), with previous experience in a similar position, including experience of providing Financial Control for a Company or Group of companies ideally within a PE backed extremely commercial environment that is fast moving and ever changing.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Senior Finance role within a private sector organisation. High degree of communication skills, with both Finance and non‐finance professionals.
• Experience of managing and motivating staff within a Finance Department. Understanding of, and empathy with, the work of internal staff and external customers.
• Excellent Sage and Excel skills /experience.
• Strong digital skills, with experience of automation preferable with experience of developing and implementing efficient and effective Financial Procedures and Controls.
• First-hand experience of being the custodian of the Business’ Control Environment.
• Thorough practical understanding and application of Management Accounting principles and techniques.
• Experience liaising with financiers on a regular basis.
• First-hand experience of Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting and producing Management Information at Group, Company and Departmental level. Ability to understand the detail as well as the bigger picture.