A market leading, hyper-growth business services provider based in the West Midlands is seeking a high calibre Financial Accounting Manager to join their head office function.
This is an exciting time for the business thanks to both organic growth and acquisition. As a result, there is demand for a qualified accountant to lead the Financial Accounting team and contribute significantly towards delivering improvements in reporting, systems and controls.
This is a high profile, critical role within the finance function, where you will take the lead in driving major improvements whilst also developing a best in class team.
- Supervision of statutory accounts preparation.
- Financial accounting and reporting for new acquisitions.
- Ensuring rigour around balance sheet reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of control accounts.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the financial accounting team.
- Monitor and analyse accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Coordinate and complete annual audits.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Meet financial accounting objectives.
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a track record of technical accounting, including up-to-date knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
As Financial Accounting Manager you will balance hands-on financial accounting duties with managing a team, whilst also effectively developing relationships with business divisions. Therefore first class leadership and communication skills are essential within a similar role.